BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
View course schedule here
This certificate covers the range of concepts, approaches and techniques that are applicable to Business Analysis. Candidates are required to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of these aspects of Business Analysis.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles and techniques. Key areas are:
the role and competencies of a business analyst
business system and business process modelling
investigation and modelling techniques
business case development
- 3 consecutive days
- Weekends can be arranged, please check Home page for details
- Courses can be run on a client site or held at our public training centres.
- Please check confirmation email for Training Location details as they are not held at our Wallington Offices.
- Anyone who requires the foundation precepts and principles of Business Analysis including business analysts working at both junior and senior level, business change managers , project managers and those working on IT and business related projects.The certificate is relevant to anyone requiring an understanding of Business Analysis.
Prerequisites – No formal skills or qualifications is required, however for accreditation, all candidates must sit a written examination.
BCS Examination – will be held on the final day of the course or on a mutually agreed date. Exams are multiple choice and the passmark is 26/40. Formal Identification is required.
Marking is as follows;
- What is a Business Analyst? (2.5%)
- The competencies of a Business Analyst (2.5%)
- Strategy analysis (7.5%)
- The Business Analysis process model (5%)
- Investigation techniques (15%)
- Stakeholder analysis and management (10%)
- Modelling business processes (10%)
- Defining the solution (5%)
- Making a business and financial Case (10%)
- Establishing the requirements (7.5%)
- Documenting and managing requirements (7.5%)
- Modelling requirements (7.5%)
- Delivering the requirements (5%)
- Delivering the business solutions (5%