View course schedule here
Who is this aimed at?
Anyone requiring an understanding of requirements engineering, including business analysts, business managers and their staff, business change managers and project managers.
Course Duration -3 days
What are the entry requirements?
What format is the exam?
- One hour ‘open book’
- Written, based on a business scenario
- Scenario based examination based on a combination of multiple choice and short answer questions
- Pass mark -50%
- Can be held on the final date of the course or a mutually agreed date.
- Explain the importance of linking requirements to the Business Case
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the requirements engineering process
- Explain the use of a range of requirements elicitation techniques and the relevance of the techniques to business situations
- Analyse, prioritise and organise elicited requirements
- Document requirements
- Identify problems with requirements and explain how requirements documentation may be improved
- Create a model of the features required from a system
- Interpret a model of the data requirements for an information system
- Describe the principles of Requirements Management and explain the importance of managing requirements
- Describe the use of tools to support Requirements Engineering
- Explain the process and stakeholders involved in Requirements Validation
Part framework of RE syllabus
The syllabus is structured around a five part framework for Requirements Engineering which is applied to a project initiated by an approved business case. The five elements of the framework are